Friday, July 10, 2009

So I am very excited about this assignment because one of the pieces from the list were heels! I am a HUGE shoe fan and decided to use heels as my fashion piece.

My first heel is from the 1870s. They are ivory satin shoes with a round toe and curved heel. They have a bow on the top and have leather insoles. These shoes were worn by a member of the Llewellyn family.









My next heel is from the 1920s and it is designed by master shoemaker, Pietro Yantorny. These shoes are called the red velvet shoe.

My next heel is from the 1950s. This heel is called pink satin with bow. This heel is by Roger Vivier for Christian Dior.

These shoes are from the 1980s and are by Gina. They are red suede with diamante ribbon and silver leaf decoration.







Last but not least are a modern pair of Manolo Blahnik. This man is a genius when it comes to shoes. This blue satin heel was seen on last year's hit movie Sex and the City. The popular Carrie Bradshaw wore them at the end of the movie when she finally got married to Mr. Big.

I love shoes! Without my love for shoes, I don't think I would have the strong of a passion for the fashion industry. It really help me express my love for fashion and art. I think with each of these shoes, you can see that the heel has gotten taller as the years have gone by. Whether it be a round toe or a point toe, I think that both of these toes have stayed in the shoe mania. Like the 1920s velvet shoe, shoes are still made in velvet today. With the 1870s shoe made in satin, the Manolo Blahnik shoe is made in satin as well. I think as each era goes by, the show industry tries to re-define the "perfect shoe" and I don't think they are doing a bad job at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment